Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
When you start working off flash with multiple flashes you just need to do everything manual.
Not if your name is Joe McNally
Actually he also uses optical slave trigger at insane distances, you mere mortals try that...

09-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Yeah some people do it but you have little idea what the flash actually do so it gets over your head and complicated quite quickly.

Besides all normal studio flashes are manual anyway and i've never hear anyone complain about that
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Yeah some people do it but you have little idea what the flash actually do so it gets over your head and complicated quite quickly.

Besides all normal studio flashes are manual anyway and i've never hear anyone complain about that
I also use full manual mode and besides that Pentax TTL flash management is just not up to the best and sometimes it exposes in arbitrary ways especially in wireless mode, besides that in a studio situation there is no way you'll get the "correct exposure" in any Auto mode nor in camera or on strobe
12-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Hello, would anyone know why the wireless flash option would be disabled on my K5?

When pressing the flash button on my 4-way pad, only the first two flash options can be selected whereas the last two are disabled.

12-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is there a "flash in wireless mode" or similar option within your actual "menu" options somewhere? Most likely in the "C" menu area to the right side.
If so, you may just have it turned off.
I don't have a K-5 so I don't know what the specific options are, but I think the wireless modes are for wireless (infrared) shutter release.
Try turning on wireless shutter release and see if those options come on.
I'm not near my K-3 so I can't double check my settings right now, but I would imagine they'd be similar.
I can check when I get home though and see what setting (if any) disables the wireless flash option.
12-06-2019, 10:52 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Is there a "flash in wireless mode" or similar option within your actual "menu" options somewhere? Most likely in the "C" menu area to the right side.
If so, you may just have it turned off.
I don't have a K-5 so I don't know what the specific options are, but I think the wireless modes are for wireless (infrared) shutter release.
Try turning on wireless shutter release and see if those options come on.
I'm not near my K-3 so I can't double check my settings right now, but I would imagine they'd be similar.
I can check when I get home though and see what setting (if any) disables the wireless flash option.
I figured it out.
Wireless flash will be disabled for the following shooting modes...
1) All mirror lockup modes.
2) 3 second wireless remote shooting.
12-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
I figured it out.
Wireless flash will be disabled for the following shooting modes...
1) All mirror lockup modes.
2) 3 second wireless remote shooting.
Thanks for your response, but I donít think itís that. Iím in normal drive mode. I went through the manual and it might be the lens. Apparently, if your lens doesnít have an A mode, you canít use wireless flash. Iíll try another lens and report.
12-07-2019, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #23

The problem was the manual lens with no A setting. Once I added a lens with the A setting and set it on A, I was able to select wireless flash.