Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Forum Member

Af 360 not turning on

My flash unit has been working fine, I put fresh batteries in it today and it just won't turn on, no lights, no beeps, nothing.
I tried other batteries, checked and re-checked they were inserted correctly but nothing!
Anyone experienced this? Or have any recommendations? I really hope it's not dead, I love that flash!

09-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
OK
I have a theory:
This may sound stupid, but AA batteries come in two lengths depending whether the country where they were made uses metric or imperial measurements.
There are AA batteries that are 2 inches long and there are AA batteries that are 5cm long.

2 inches is actually 5.08cm, so if you've got metric AA batteries that are 5cm long they will be shorter than the 2 inch long batteries.
Still with me??

What all that means, is that it's possible to have AAs that are too short and not pushing against the contacts in the flash...

So stand your new batteries next to the old batteries and check if they're exactly the same length...

If they're shorter - the solution may be to find new batteries the same length as the old ones.
09-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by halonp Quote
My flash unit has been working fine, I put fresh batteries in it today and it just won't turn on, no lights, no beeps, nothing.
I tried other batteries, checked and re-checked they were inserted correctly but nothing!
Anyone experienced this? Or have any recommendations? I really hope it's not dead, I love that flash!
I had the same problem with my sigma dg 500 super. I gave it a firm hit with the side of my hand a couple of times and it turned on. Not sure why, it still does it once in a while then I repeat the process. Try a dry eraser on the tongs that contacts the batteries as well

Good luck

Randy