Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Stroboframe 350 clone - will this get the flash far enough away?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm looking at buying this Stroboframe 350 knockoff.

I usually use at least 2 strobes with white shoot-through umbrellas & stands, but wanted a bracket for when dragging around all that stuff is impractical. I'd be using it with a mini softbox on the flash.

My question is this: does one of these get the flash far enough from the lens to make a big difference in directionality? I thought about adapting one of these kinda things to add a little distance and flexibility.

So... whaddya think?

Bobbo :-)

09-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It should work. I used something similar (an Adorama branded bracket) and I was pretty happy with the results. I stopped using it because it didn't seem to work well with my battery grip and, overall, I was getting good results with my flash directly on the hotshoe with my gary fong diffusor.
09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
I used something similar (an Adorama branded bracket) and I was pretty happy with the results. I stopped using it because it didn't seem to work well with my battery grip
Still got it? Wanna sell it, by chance?
09-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I can find it. It's buried in my garage somewhere. I'll see if I can poke around this weekend.