Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
flash quit working

Hi all,

I need some help troubleshooting. I have a cheap Metz flash (af24) and the flash does not discharge anymore. One day it was working the next day it wasn't. The flash unit seems to operate fine when I mount it on the camera (the focus assist beam and on/okay lights work). Just the flash won't discharge anymore.

Now my question, does this sound like the flash tube has burnt out? I have only had the unit for 8 months or so and it is still covered by warranty except for the flash tube/bulb (180 days warranty for the bulb, I think). The flash was cheap and I really don't feel like shipping it out to CRIS for repair if the bulb is burnt out and it costs $50+ to get it replaced.

What do you guys think? I have taken reasonably good care of the flash.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
anymore, bulb, day, discharge, flash, lighting, photo studio, strobist, unit, warranty