Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What's the best flash modifier for bracket mounted flash?

Lately I've been getting a bit obsessive about flash modifiers. I have 3 variable power bounce flash units, white and silver/black umbrellas, mini 8"x7" softbox, Midibouncer, and a stroboframe bracket.

Usually when shooting portraits, I usually use the umbrellas, stands, multiple flash units, and all that good stuff. But sometimes I'd like to go minimal.

So here's my question: What's the best type of flash modifier for big, soft light with a single Stroboframe flip-bracket mounted flash? I'm thinking about trying a DIY beauty dish based on this one. Or would the softbox be better? Or something else entirely?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bracket, flash, flash modifier, lighting, modifier, photo studio, softbox, strobist, stroboframe, umbrellas, units