Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to post in a pretty old thread, quick questionthough. I went looking for a cable to use Q + 540FGZ. What I ended up with was the Aputure product. I got it home, seems to wok OK with my Kr, but my Q won't fire the trigger. I double checked the shoe and it fires the flash when mounted directly but won't activate the trigger... Any one have any Q experience to share / help out?
Thx

05-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #47

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Sorry to post in a pretty old thread, quick questionthough. I went looking for a cable to use Q + 540FGZ. What I ended up with was the Aputure product. I got it home, seems to wok OK with my Kr, but my Q won't fire the trigger. I double checked the shoe and it fires the flash when mounted directly but won't activate the trigger... Any one have any Q experience to share / help out?
Thx
you might want to ask questions or post a whole new thread over in the compact camera/pentax Q section

To help out, I will not go near anything sold through Fotodiox including the Aputure products...I have had nothing but issues with what they sell.

Also, I bought Cowboy studio trigger/receiver set and I am shocked at how easily they work without a single miss, 2 receivers one trigger for just 30bucks.

You might want to go that route instead...

Peace.
05-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

good point - I'll keep the Cowboy product in mind... cheers
05-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
good point - I'll keep the Cowboy product in mind... cheers
I'm not sure if it is related but there is a K-01 thread about flashes that do and do not work with that body. There may be some info there since the K-01 & Q are of the same generation and might have some of the same issues.

05-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I must say that the Apurture Trigmaster II are flawless. I'm going to modify them for P-TTL. I will report the results...
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I must say that the Aputure Trigmaster II are flawless. I'm going to modify them for P-TTL. I will report the results...
I want to add my 2 cents regarding Apurture Trigmaster II. I initially bought a set with a transmitter and a receiver. They performed exactly as they should with no problems. (Couple of hints: keep the shutter speed at 180 or below and turn them off when not in use or they will continue to communicate and will drain the batteries.)

I then decided to buy a second receiver. I had to use it this weekend for the first time. Unfortunately, the batter compartment door would not close with the batteries inserted. I think the little plastic guides are mis-aligned. So I to improvised by using several rubber bands. I then e-mailed Aputure regarding replacement. They responded very quickly and offered an exchange with me paying for shipping. When I gave them my address in California, they said it would be $50! I responded just this morning that I am used to paying $2 - $3 for shipping from China by EMS. I am waiting to heard back.

For the price I paid for these (less than $40), I think they are great. I know there are better triggers on the market, but not at this price. I hope that Aputure charges me reasonable shipping for replacement. And if not, I'll just buy another one on e-Bay for $20 with free shipping.
06-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Lenp, would you tell us the exact model no., please? There seem to be a few available and it would be nice to get the right ones.

07-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #53
Forum Member

Helping to avoid confusion regarding Aputure Triggers:

MX1C If they use a 23A battery in TX they are the older Nikon/Canon series with the Canon MX1C selling to Pentax cusomers because the remote cable is the same
MXII-P If they use AAA batteries in bot RX and TX they are Nikon/Canon/Pentax series MXII-P

The nice ones with the cool antenna and Transceiver tech is called Aputure Trigmaster Plus which does not come in Pentax version because of problems when
used as camera remote control according to Aputure Customer Support They are called TX1C in the canon version
07-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by esben Quote
Helping to avoid confusion regarding Aputure Triggers:

MX1C If they use a 23A battery in TX they are the older Nikon/Canon series with the Canon MX1C selling to Pentax cusomers because the remote cable is the same
MXII-P If they use AAA batteries in bot RX and TX they are Nikon/Canon/Pentax series MXII-P

The nice ones with the cool antenna and Transceiver tech is called Aputure Trigmaster Plus which does not come in Pentax version because of problems when
used as camera remote control according to Aputure Customer Support They are called TX1C in the canon version
Did the customer support told what is the issue with Trigmaster plus when used as a remote? I've been using my Trigmaster plus as a remote on K7, K5 and K5iiS with no problem.
07-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #55

Anybody had tried the new Aputure Trigmaster plus II? On the description it's compatible to Canon, Nikon and Pentax.
Attached Images

07-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #56
Forum Member

the actual quote

QuoteOriginally posted by sa_lontoc Quote
Did the customer support told what is the issue with Trigmaster plus when used as a remote? I've been using my Trigmaster plus as a remote on K7, K5 and K5iiS with no problem.
From Aputure:
"The truth is our TX1C can trigger Pentax camera from time to time, but it do miss some times as the hotshoe is little different.
So we decided not to put it in our compatibilty list, you can check in our website:http://www.aputure.com/en/product/trigmaster_plus_24G.php."

So I guess it can work - just not all time for all the people