Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
FlashFrame and Hot Shoe Flash Cable fit problem

I am using a FlashFrame to get my Pentax AF-540FGZ flash off the body of my K100d. I like this system but it has a problem that has cost me a $200 plus repair to the flash unit. The thumb screw on the hot shoe holder loosens and, when it does, the flash slips out and is suspended by the coiled hot shoe cable. Recently, the suspension allowed the flash to hit a tiled floor, leading to the repair. Does anyone have the same problem and, if so, how have you been able to correct it?

Thanks so much for your help!

12-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I use a Stroboframe Flash Mount Adapter. It has two small springs to prevent the thumb screw from loosening. You may be able to add a spring (or springs) to the one you have.

I have a similar one bought from FleaBay with no spring. I added one under the thumb screw.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
12-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I use a Stroboframe Flash Mount Adapter. It has two small springs to prevent the thumb screw from loosening. You may be able to add a spring (or springs) to the one you have.

I have a similar one bought from FleaBay with no spring. I added one under the thumb screw.
Looks like a possible fix. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeroyPK Quote
Looks like a possible fix. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Update: I don't think this will help since there already is a spring there. (Can you tell I didn't take things apart before replying?)