Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Project images against cyc wall for backdrops?

Last week I signed the lease to my first studio. I'm very happy. I'll be building a cyc wall soon. I went the DIY route after a lot of research. I've already contacted all the profesionnals I'll need to get it done (I'll especially need the plaster guy for the finish) but I had this idea pop in my head. I'm sure it's been done before but I picture having a powerful projector project images on the cyc wall. I mostly do baby or maternity photography, this is what I want to specialize in and my branding is geared to (and currently, 78% of my clientele versus 51% last year). There's a lot I could do with that.

But I'm unsure at how well it would fare unless it had a powerful lamp. But could it be done? Say, over a 10x8 area.

My lights are Einstein probes if it matters at all in your determination of the plausibility of my plan/idea/possible-delusion.

01-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Srsly nothing????
01-14-2013, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Hello from Quebec!

I believe you would be better off adding the image in post-processing. Your studio lamps will wash out a significant part of the image being projected. If you use a powerful enough projector to overcome your strobes, it will mess with your subject lighting.

Good luck with your project!
01-15-2013, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Hello from Quebec!

I believe you would be better off adding the image in post-processing. Your studio lamps will wash out a significant part of the image being projected. If you use a powerful enough projector to overcome your strobes, it will mess with your subject lighting.

Good luck with your project!
I agree shoot green screen

01-17-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'd add a background as a layer in PP.
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
Unless you want the image painted on the subject as well, better to go green screen. Also, lighting for the subject will wash out any image you project.