Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The multi setting needs playing with to understand. The first number relates to the number of flashes, and the second relates to the distance between them. As you increase flash power, you get less flashes to play with. At 1/128th you get up to 100 flashes. I recommend you set it to 1/128th, and about 20 flashes and then play with the hertz to see how long it takes to fire all the flashes. You need to hold the 'test' button down the whole time or it will stop firing. The gap between flashes goes from undetectable to really quite slow.

Now take your camera out at night, set shutter speed to 1 second and get a mate to run around in front of it while you fire the strobe. Fun!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beep, brand, button, camera, fire, flash, lighting, package, photo studio, pilot, strobist