Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax KX Wireless Flash Setup Suggestions

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am going to expand my photography horizons and have been reading and reading and reading. I'm still in the dark a little bit and wanted to get some suggestions.

CAMERA: Pentax KX

Looking at buying at least one YN-560II, or maybe two YN-460 flash units to use off camera. I can get by with one, but I think for what I want to do, two might be better.

Here is where it gets fuzzy for me. I would need at least one trigger, possibly hot shoe mounted, correct? Now if the flashes don't have in built receivers, I would have to buy a receiver for each flash, correct?

03-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, shoe mounted transmitter and a receiver for each light source.

I have the Cactus V5's and I highly recommend them.
I did a lot of research before I purchased mine. They are the only ones that had all the features that I wanted.
They are totally reliable, handle high voltage flashguns (up to 300v), have 16 channels, can be automatic or manual trigger and operate over a very long distance (100 metres).
The battery compartment is a brilliantly designed sliding drawer and their price is mid ranged giving excellent value for money.
I use mine with either flashguns or my three head studio light set but usually a combination of studio and flash with great results.

The Cactus V5's come packaged as a single unit or two to the box.
Each V5 is a transmitter and a receiver in one, just flick a switch to configure. So if you are going to use two flashguns, you will need to buy a single and a twin pack.
The V5's also have external jacks for cable operation.

Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Duo New in BOX! Professional Choice! | eBay