Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2013, 11:24 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
dstructor, I'm afraid I made a mistake so I redid the test. Something didn't look quit right in the original pix, the hotspot in the middle was too perfectly matched between the two. I had accidentally posted two pictures taken with wireless. Sorry. The ones that are up now are as originally intended. I can't see enough of a difference in exposure to indicate that the flash's output is being delayed. I edited the original post to reflect my observation after you quoted me.

I've been testing these triggers before taking them out on a volunteer gig and they work fine. I am, however, going to add the antenna mod to one Tx (I purchased three sets for a total of six Rx, so I have two extra Tx) because I'm only getting about twenty feet out of them at the moment.

One more flash/shutter speed link just for fun:

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 05-05-2013 at 12:00 AM.
05-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

propagation delay.
05-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Thanks MD Optofonik
05-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
dstructor, I'm afraid I made a mistake so I redid the test. Something didn't look quit right in the original pix, the hotspot in the middle was too perfectly matched between the two. I had accidentally posted two pictures taken with wireless. Sorry. The ones that are up now are as originally intended. I can't see enough of a difference in exposure to indicate that the flash's output is being delayed. I edited the original post to reflect my observation after you quoted me.

I've been testing these triggers before taking them out on a volunteer gig and they work fine. I am, however, going to add the antenna mod to one Tx (I purchased three sets for a total of six Rx, so I have two extra Tx) because I'm only getting about twenty feet out of them at the moment.

One more flash/shutter speed link just for fun:

http://youtu.be/_btA3W_02Yo
I see what you mean just as I thought
I was interested in this to understand the limitations of the equipment I intend to buy (studying hard; I got it from my mentor )

Thanks a million, again, for the thorough posts & links

05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finished my mod and did a test. I posted the result in it's own thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-flashes-lighting-technique/224195-...ml#post2378680