Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
AF 360FGZ A zoom intermintent

I am having an issue with the A zoom feature on the AF 360FGZ Flash. It is available intermittently on both my *ist DL & K5 . Just wondering if there is a setting on the camera that prevents this.

05-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Just check that the flash head is firmly clicked in at 90° if it's not clicked in properly, then it will change to bounce mode and not zoom. Mine has been a bit loose, and it's often easy to give it a slight nudge or bump and it's no longer behaving as expected.
05-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I push the flash in as far as it goes. This has been going on with this flash since I bought it in 06>
Is it possible that the contacts oxidize?
05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Have you tried changing to a different type or brand of batteries? Different types of AAs have different voltages and current capacity, so they could drop below providing enough power for the zoom motor.

Failing that, the zoom motor could be dead or dying. But at least try a few different battery brands before jumping to that conclusion.

05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Solved

QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
Have you tried changing to a different type or brand of batteries? Different types of AAs have different voltages and current capacity, so they could drop below providing enough power for the zoom motor.

Failing that, the zoom motor could be dead or dying. But at least try a few different battery brands before jumping to that conclusion.
I tried a new set of energizers and a fully charges set NiMH no luck. Tried the flash on the *ist DL no luck, put it back on the K5 it worked
Only difference was this time the "Wide Angle Panel" was retracted. If I lift this the flash switches to manual zoom just as described in the very fine print on page 21

Thanks
Paul
05-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpaulb Quote
I tried a new set of energizers and a fully charges set NiMH no luck. Tried the flash on the *ist DL no luck, put it back on the K5 it worked
Only difference was this time the "Wide Angle Panel" was retracted. If I lift this the flash switches to manual zoom just as described in the very fine print on page 21

Thanks
Paul
I was going to suggest playing with the wide angle diffuser. Issues with that contact have been a problem on other flashes I have owned.
05-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

all's well that ends well