Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wireless slave SB600?

Hi there! I have the Sigma EF-610 DG SUPER for use with my K5, and after excessive futzing around, figured out how to use it as a wireless slave (W-mode flash was greyed out... 30 minutes of messing with it and 30 seconds from hitting "post" on a message here, I realized I had the camera set on a 2 second timer which for some odd reason disables that mode on the flash).

Since I still haven't had any luck selling my Nikon gear, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the SB600 flashes to work as wireless slaves. I know they can't do optical slave mode, and I don't have any cables or triggers.

Thanks!

09-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You won't be able to use wireless TTL from Pentax to a Nikon flash, the protocols are different.

Your best bets are either to get an optical trigger (costs about 5$, but will trigger on the pre-flash if your camera emits one) or a radio trigger. I both cases, you will need to set your flashes to manual mode, but for studio work that's what you want to do anyway.