Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Off -camera flash idea....

This may be a useless post, but I find that my creativity is reinforced when I let people know what I am thinking, so here we go.

I shoot with two optically triggered 540fgz flashes on remote lightstands and one on the camera. (three total)

For this setup, I have just imagined a 'channel bracketing' or something of the sort.

Imagine that you need to fire off four shots or so in a ten second period of time.

In my imagination, I have a 'channel bracketing' system that fires one off-camera flash per frame and systematically fires a different flash for each frame.

For instance.
Frame one triggers flash one,
Frame two triggers flash two,
and so on.

The reason I thought of this is because sometimes I am in a situation with my lights that I need to wait for a recharge. Imagine having a flash or two always waiting there ready to fire....

I would think that with some good engineering, this system could be implemented on radio or optical triggering systems.....

just a brainstorm...

03-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe the PW multi max might be able to do just that, at a price of course
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
aww maaan.

it started when i used to make up skate tricks....then the pros on the west coast would come out with it in the mags

then I would start having invention ideas...and watch them get created before I could make em

now this!!!

hehe
03-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I believe the PW multi max might be able to do just that, at a price of course
yes they can, they can auto cycle to a diff flash (one that is charged) if set up properly. I havn't done it but know its possable

other option is use less than full power, if you keep the flashes around 1/4 power and esp on a battery pack you can fire a short burst

03-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
maybe I'll practice on shooting half or third power at 2.8 and see how that works. I dont have battery packs yet...working on it. Those muthas are kind of expensive!