Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Sorry, I'm no help here. I have no YongNuo Flashes. The 560 was just mentioned above and I happened to have a link to tested times for it. There's probably some reviews to be found or hopefully someone else will chime in.
Okay, no problem. i just noticed there is 540 540II 560 and 560II... they all seem to have the same specs and same price, so i was just wondering if the company puts out new models just for fun or if there is actually a difference between them

11-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tripodquest Quote
Are strobes like that expensive? I have seen the strobe setups with a controller and heads for $200 and up, they looked like a cumbersome/large setup. I saw some disco strobos for cheap. I don't know what is what. Do you need an expensive setup like that in order for the strobe to only fire once? In discos they're "always" on, what if you only want one flash (like you would for a single exposure), how can you accomplish that? A strobe light would be more attractive because of the higher power output (enough light for really short shutter speeds) but if it has to be complicated, cumbersome and heavy then I rather go with the flash for now and think about strobes later when I actually want a proper studio.
The least expensive very short exposure flash I've heard of is the Paul C. Buff Einstein. It's manual, like the YN, and large, as it's a full size studio unit. It runs a bit lower cost than a Pentax 540. As with any flash, its fastest flash comes at reduced power, but since it has 640 watt seconds, about the same as 10 or so Pentax 540 units, low power will still push a lot of light.
11-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mysticcowboy Quote
The least expensive very short exposure flash I've heard of is the Paul C. Buff Einstein. It's manual, like the YN, and large, as it's a full size studio unit. It runs a bit lower cost than a Pentax 540. As with any flash, its fastest flash comes at reduced power, but since it has 640 watt seconds, about the same as 10 or so Pentax 540 units, low power will still push a lot of light.
thank you for this, when I get more serious about high-speed photography (or do it for money) I'll give this unit a try, but for now I think I'll rather go with the 10 times cheaper YN which still does 1/20000