Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
rlatjsrud

Sunpak 622 pro

Sunpak 622 Super Pro TTL Flash (w/o Head) 0622S B&H Photo Video

I'm thinking to buy this flash which has high gn that I can use for wedding or other events. but problem is there is no flash head and unknown where is the flash head.

Also I never see this kind of type of flash. It doesn't have a hot shoe.

Any advice or idea about how to use or buy this thing?

11-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
There is no module that will give you P-TTL support for newer Pentax bodies, the PT-2D module is for the older Pentax TTL that was phased out after the *istD line.

It is still a great flash, the built in auto mode will work well in most situations and there are also good manual controls. If your body doesn't have a sync port then you can get an adapter for the hotshoe that will allow you to use it. Their price is really high considering it doesn't even come with a head, they regularly sell for under $100 complete.
11-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've looked at this flash unit with interest, from time to time. I notice that there's no corresponding flash head listed for it in B&H's catalogue - perhaps I missed something.
11-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
My favorite flash. (the 522 is my 2nd favorite). Anywho, on mine, the standard head is listed as SH-1. I don't see new ones on B&H's website. Used ones (heads) are available at the usual places. I don't know if you've seen it in person, so here it is next to the K-5.

Last edited by Montoya; 11-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.