Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trigger from Ring Flash Question

Hi All

I have been experimenting with my cheap flash equipment and would like your help.

I have 2 x TT560 Flash Speedlites and a Neewer LED Macro Ring Flash FC100, as I said, cheap. I also use very cheap Hot Shoe Trigger Sets.

The two TT560's work fine as masters and slave well off of each other. The experiment I tried was to trigger a TT560 using the LED Ring. It didn't work Is there any way I can get it to work? It's not a problem if it doesn't, as I said, I was just experimenting.

Thanks
Ray

01-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Neewer is the same as the Meike ring flash (which I have). It's not so much a "flash" as a ring-shaped LED light that can be turned on at the hotshoe. Reviewers have measured its "flash" at a massive 1/10 second. I suspect that it doesn't produce enough light (especially infrared), in a sharp enough pulse, to trigger the speedlites. It's like flicking an LED torch / flashlight on and off at them. If you have enough triggers, I would try firing the LED and one speedlite with them. That, or just turn the ring light on manually and use the triggers for the speedlites.
01-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
The Neewer is the same as the Meike ring flash (which I have). It's not so much a "flash" as a ring-shaped LED light that can be turned on at the hotshoe. Reviewers have measured its "flash" at a massive 1/10 second. I suspect that it doesn't produce enough light (especially infrared), in a sharp enough pulse, to trigger the speedlites. It's like flicking an LED torch / flashlight on and off at them. If you have enough triggers, I would try firing the LED and one speedlite with them. That, or just turn the ring light on manually and use the triggers for the speedlites.
Thanks Todd, just what I suspected, but thought I'd check here first.

Ray