Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do I need for off camera, WIRED flash?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I usually just mount the flash on the hotshoe, and fire away. What do I need to set up on a bracket with a K10d and an AF540? I dont want to use the wireless method. Is there a sync cord that plugs into the side of the flash, and down to a hotshoe adapter? Or do I need 2 adapters, one for the hotshoe and one for the flash foot? I think I need a F5p sync cord and an F hot shoe adapter.

04-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yeah, the cord and the adapter for your camera is all you should need. Just curious, why don't you want to do wireless? I use mine wirelessly and it works great.
04-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
Yeah, the cord and the adapter for your camera is all you should need. Just curious, why don't you want to do wireless? I use mine wirelessly and it works great.

Even If I were to use wireless, I would want to have the wired set up as a back-up. My pop-up has gone out on me before, and my wireless wouldn't work without it. Its been fixed but, I have a few paid events coming up this summer and I dont want to take chances. I have a system in place (2 vivitar 283's, w/ battery pack, multiple sync cords, diffusers, wein sync safe) to back up my af540, battery pack, and soon to have sync cords and adapter. Just trying to prepare for a busy summer of shooting.
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Forum Member

Off Camera TTL Flash Ext. Cord for Pentax FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 120244002778 end time Apr-12-08 10:30:11 PDT)

04-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
D W
Veteran Member

I use both the promaster and the Pentax. For using one flash the Promaster works and is great value. For multiple flash and the Pentax cord and module combo give you more flexibility at a cost.

Wireless is great, the only catch is you have to make sure the sensor of the flash receives the signal from the master/commander. This can be an issue when using light modifiers.