Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Can the old Stofen omnibounce fit on the new AF360 FGZ II?

Can anyone advise if the fit is the same, omnibounce for the old AF360 that is? I am inclined to presuming it would fit; Stofen haven't release a new omnibounce for the version ii...

01-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I asked B&H the same question, and they came back with the lame answer that they only use it on the original AF360 and that they don't know. When I asked again if it would be possible to try it on, see if it fits, and they never came back to me at all....
01-21-2014, 10:43 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

I don't think there is one available yet; I have the original Stofen omni bounce for the original AF360. I can confirm that it does not fit properly on the new AF360 FGZ II which I have recently bought. The new AF360 swivel head is smaller in both the width and legth, so if you put the Stofen on top, it goes all the way in and very loose. I hope someone will make one soon if Stofen does not have it.
01-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I don't think there is one available yet; I have the original Stofen omni bounce for the original AF360. I can confirm that it does not fit properly on the new AF360 FGZ II which I have recently bought. The new AF360 swivel head is smaller in both the width and legth, so if you put the Stofen on top, it goes all the way in and very loose. I hope someone will make one soon if Stofen does not have it.
I see. Thanks! That's most helpful answer I could ask for. Yeah, I emailed Stofen to ask if they can make one for the version 2 flash but no reply was given.

01-22-2014, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by scorpioh Quote
I see. Thanks! That's most helpful answer I could ask for. Yeah, I emailed Stofen to ask if they can make one for the version 2 flash but no reply was given.
Thanks, if you have the newer version of the AF360 II, you will notice that there is no catch-light "white card" in the flash itself (the older version AF360 and AF540 did). The catch-light feature/function is now replaced by the front LED which you can turn on/off. I have tested it using the off-camera wireless setup with built-in flash as controller and AF360 II as slave. The LED plus the bounce flash seem to work quite well that I think I have a lesser need to get a Stofen diffuser for this flash.
01-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Thanks, if you have the newer version of the AF360 II, you will notice that there is no catch-light "white card" in the flash itself (the older version AF360 and AF540 did). The catch-light feature/function is now replaced by the front LED which you can turn on/off. I have tested it using the off-camera wireless setup with built-in flash as controller and AF360 II as slave. The LED plus the bounce flash seem to work quite well that I think I have a lesser need to get a Stofen diffuser for this flash.
I see. One reason to go for the version II is that LED. I can imagine it's going to be useful in so many situations. Some day all flashes will have a secondary LED...
01-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by scorpioh Quote
I see. One reason to go for the version II is that LED. I can imagine it's going to be useful in so many situations. Some day all flashes will have a secondary LED...
The LED is pretty slick and innovative IMHO.... (so far I have not seen other manufacturers coming out with that nor third party flashes). A couple years ago, I was at a party when someone wearing a home-made LED panel walking around with a video cam. It worked so well for him (you know at the party, the lighting is usually not the greatest) that I thought it would be nice that the LED could be part of the flash, which would be very convenient for video taping as well as photographing in a very dark environment. Fast track to the present, I am glad that Pentax came out with this idea first (at least I have not seen others). Although I already have the older versions of AF360 and AF540, I still went ahead and bought the AF360 II while in Japan and at a good price (around 340), which IMHO is a good buy.