Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Safe voltages for digitl camer flash units.

Here is an external listing of voltages for a long list of flash units, including the Sunpak 422D and 522 that I have used very successfully on K-20s.

Voltages | DPanswers

01-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Here is an external listing of voltages for a long list of flash units, including the Sunpak 422D and 522 that I have used very successfully on K-20s.

Voltages | DPanswers
Excellent information to have. Here's another site with a similar listing: Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages

Based on this site I've marked several units I have as unsafe. Better safe than sorry!

BTW, from what I gather some electronically controlled shutters, as the one on the LX, are safe with almost any trigger voltage. But, I won't risk my 645n to find out!
02-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

use a wireless trigger and you'll have to worry less :-)
02-07-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
use a wireless trigger and you'll have to worry less :-)
Provided the wireless trigger has no voltage limitations of course.

Many I have seen are also limited to a range of safe voltages and not recommended for older high voltage flash units.
While a high voltage flash won't kill your dslr when using a wireless trigger it may kill the trigger.

Check with the manufacturer first before purchase that their trigger will work with your flash.