Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Cactus RF60 Flash in Beta Test Phase

The Cactus flash that has been rumoured for a while, is now in the beta testing phase.

First reviews for the RF60 should appear in a couple of weeks.

The following specs are official already:
  • Master and Slave modes (2.4 GHz radio frequency).
  • Supports groups.
  • Supports remote power and remote zoom control.
  • Compatible with the Cactus V5/LV5 as well as the upcoming V6.
This flash promises to be very attractive on its own, but in particular the combination with the upcoming V6 will be quite something.

Last edited by Class A; 02-03-2014 at 04:31 AM.
02-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet! I was wondering about the status of this, as well as the forthcoming Youngnuo product.

The more I use flash, the more I can see how much opportunity there is for manufacturers to fill gaps in the Pentax system.
02-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I can't wait for the V6 system. I hope these flashes are reasonably priced, because I'd like to pick up at least two. Finally, Groups!
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #4

Heard about the Yongnuo with remote manual control first, then came the Godox and now Cactus. This will be hard to decide for me, so I will wait till all got some reviews... Flashavoc really went into the details with the Godox: GODOX V850 VING – Lithium-Ion Flash Review | FLASH HAVOC

02-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by delegopa Quote
Heard about the Yongnuo with remote manual control first, then came the Godox and now Cactus. This will be hard to decide for me, so I will wait till all got some reviews...
Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to disclose anything further at the moment, but waiting till you've read reviews about the Cactus RF60 & V6 seems like a mighty good idea to me!
02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Has Hasselblad set a trend with product teaser pic style or is some studio/marketing firm churning these out for all these companies?
02-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Has Hasselblad set a trend with product teaser pic style or is some studio/marketing firm churning these out for all these companies?
I haven't seen any Hasselblad teaser images using this style, but I have to agree with you that the image in the first post is very professionally done.
02-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery

Hasselblad unveils world?s first CMOS medium-format camera, still t... | Thingamatech

And Fuji

Now cactus all in about 2-3 weeks.

02-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really looking forward to these flashes/triggers coming out. I want to get a couple of them with the new trigger system. Looking to have all this in my manual flashes/triggers:

Built in slave function
Remote power levels, that will be so nice!
Either no sleep timer, or adjustable
Reliable
CLEAR, BIG, EASY TO READ CONTROLS for my eyes that are getting older

I have good manual flashes now, but too many different kinds and controls/displays are getting too small for me.
02-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
Looking to have all this in my manual flashes/triggers:

Built in slave function
Remote power levels, that will be so nice!
Either no sleep timer, or adjustable
Reliable
CLEAR, BIG, EASY TO READ CONTROLS for my eyes that are getting older
Unfortunately, I cannot say yet which of those boxes the Cactus RF60 ticks -- and some of it is subjective anyhow -- but I can reiterate that the reviews will be worth waiting for.
02-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Unfortunately, I cannot say yet which of those boxes the Cactus RF60 ticks -- and some of it is subjective anyhow -- but I can reiterate that the reviews will be worth waiting for.
As someone who is in the market for triggers either now or in the very near-term future, I wonder WHEN we might see some reviews of this and the rumored V6. I'd sure like to hear details from someone who has used and reviewed the V5 system, possibly even here at PF. Just thinking out loud here.
02-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #12

A bit more details here : CACTUS – RF60 Flash & V6 Triggers in Beta Testing | FLASH HAVOC
02-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Reviews for the RF60 should appear soon now. Think weeks rather than months.

Delays can always occur if a potential for further improvement is found that's why it is not possible to guarantee a certain date.

P.S.: I have tested the V5 and am testing the RF60.
02-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The good news: During beta testing a number of good suggestions for improvement have been made and Cactus will implement them.

The bad news: This implies a small delay regarding the finalisation of the beta testing phase. It still should be finalised not too long from now.
02-24-2014, 04:09 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Teaser Video Released

Cactus released a teaser video: