Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Sorry, I hadn't seen this question before.

I did not try it myself first hand, but nevertheless, Godox HSS won't work with a Pentax camera even if you use a "Cells II" trigger (as the latter only works with a Canon).
Correct unless the flash or trigger tells the camera it can do p-ttl hss then hss is not selectable on camera.
If hss is not selectable on camera no trigger pulses will be produced and no flash will fire.

i.e no hss capable flash will work on a Pentax camera unless it is dedicated p-ttl compatable ie aokatec triggers and even then P-ttl flashes must be attached to the triggers.

It is possible to use slave 'extended' flash mode with some optical capable triggers i.e cactus V6 but even here a p-ttl flash will be required on camera to allow enabling hss mode.

Extended mode flash is not truly hss as there is no sync between the shutter traversal and the flash pulses but for most circumstances you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, though there may be some issues with exposure controll as teh flash power as expected by the pre flash will be exceeded by the manual flashes in extended mode.

11-27-2014, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #77
Forum Member

I´m using a ND filters with my Godox 850 and triggers, problem solved. after my battery failure they sent me the replacement, now I´m really impressed about the long time of use.. ang good quality of ligth
03-19-2016, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was a great fan of ttl flash with film cameras. In comparison, on all my pentaxs digital cameras I have been very unhappy with all the auto functions. All I wanted was a manual flash that my camera and flash couldn't stuff up. Keeping manual as I had programmed it on an auto flash often didn't work.

Since I purchased my two Godox flashed I haven't used any of my other 6 flash guns. I love the short recycle time and the quick and easy method to change the flash. Getting 600 flashes out of the Godox is brilliant. I have the occasional hickup in quickly changing wildlife situations particularly at night. I love having at long last full control of the flash.

The only problem I have had is I have pulled the white card out of one of the guns.

I have been known to have had three flash guns being repaired at the one time. I haven't as yet destroyed either of my Godoxs

Long live manual flash guns