Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which monolight

I'm about to order a studio light this weekend but as usual there are to many choices. I was about to order the Alien bee AB 800 but then saw this Interfit.light : Interfit Photographic INT458 Stellar XD 600 Watt/Second Monolight INT458 . Does anyone have an opinion or advice. I will be using the light for portraits and some events . I have some 160 WS lights to use for hair lights and side lighting. I've used the Alien Bees before and like them as most accessories will fit.

03-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
bmw

Photos: Albums
Based on Paul C Buff's reputation alone -- especially for customer service -- I'd take the Alien Bees. Myself, I'd even consider stretching my budget and getting the Einstein unit instead.

Disclaimer: my opinion is based on my experiences with Asian knock-off products and considerable research into this very question. I don't actually own either of these products.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
flash, light, lighting, lights, monolight, photo studio, strobist