Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hello everybody,

Thank you all for your comments, your time in reading my thread, and/ or your help.
I will look it up more in detail, later this week, as it' s a busy one.

Thank you again!

All the best!

04-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
(with the exception of the newish v6 catus triggers which are very expensive for what they are)
How much is a Cactus V6?

Surely you must know to call it "expensive for what it is".

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
if you want zone control than look at Aputure Trigmaster Plus: Cameras & Photography | eBay again far cheaper than cactus
These triggers do not support remote power control.

For what they offer, you can get cheaper alternatives.
04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
True, but there is also a point in acknowledging that as one grows regarding the use of artificial light, using multiple light sources becomes the norm.

It would therefore be cheaper to buy something now that allows one to grow, rather than being forced to replace equipment multiple times.

Pardon?

The multi hot-shoe of the Cactus V6 supports Canon, Nikon and Pentax.

I have been using the Cactus V6 with my Pentax cameras and many flashes from different brands. Works just fine.
Are you saying the Cactus V6 support non-centre pin flash triggering

i.e Digital signal control ?
04-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Are you saying the Cactus V6 support non-centre pin flash triggering

i.e Digital signal control ?
The Cactus V6 use a digital protocol (i-TTL, ETTL, P-TTL) for some flash models.

See how the power level on the YN568EX changes while Brian Hursey is turning the dial on the Cactus V6?

This is only possible because the Cactus V6 communicates with the YN568EX digitally. It does the same trick with a number of other flashes.

However, the Cactus V6 is also capable of using the old analogue TTL (quench-based) method of power level control. Therefore it is able to support a lot more older flashes.

04-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hello!

Thank you all for your replies and advice!

I bought a Metz 58 AF2, with a Rogue Portrait Kit bundle.
I didn' t go for a Pentax flash, mainly because in my country is very expensive (not even on stock) , and second, the WR for the hot shoe didn' t motivate me to add the extra buck.
As far as capabilities go, I believe the 540 FGZ II is above the Metz I bought, but the Metz will be a working horse for me, a training one. The Pentax flash, I hope I' ll be able to buy it when I will make my K3 kit (camera, lenses, grip, ect. ) .

I am convinced in buying studio strobes, just not yet. I don' t find them versatile enough for me, right now. The main issues, handling and power supply (which isn' t quite cheap) .

Thank you everybody!

All the best!