Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Problem with Cactus V5

Hi,

I have two Cactus v5 devices. On one, when I press the test button, the LED turns orange and green when fully pressed. On other device the LED turns red and then goes dark when fully pressed.

I have swapped the battery packs but the devices behave the same way. Is the one that always shows red defective. maybe?

05-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Red is because the battery is depleted, according to the manual.
05-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Red is because the battery is depleted, according to the manual.
I got confused because the same batteries showed red on one device but green on the other. I didn't do anything overnight and this morning both devices showed green.

So all is good for now.
05-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most likely the battery drawer on the "red light" unit wasn't fitting properly. V5's have a click-in/out spring-loaded battery holder design that can wear down over time, and the batteries might not both be making contact consistently. I had to reach in and pull the spring out a bit on one of mine last year, but then I'm pretty rough on my gear...

05-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Most likely the battery drawer on the "red light" unit wasn't fitting properly. V5's have a click-in/out spring-loaded battery holder design that can wear down over time, and the batteries might not both be making contact consistently. I had to reach in and pull the spring out a bit on one of mine last year, but then I'm pretty rough on my gear...
That may explain why the same unit with showed the red light independently of the batteries used. I don;t know what happened but now both units show green even after changing batteries.