Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lightning trigger for K-x

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am not sure if this is correct forum but here it goes...I am looking for a lightning trigger that would work with the Pentax K-x. It has an IR remote and not a cable. I found one that could be made but I am hoping to find one to purchase.

Thanks
Richard

05-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one called the nero trigger. It comes with cables compatible with Pentax

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
The Pentax K-x doesn't have a cable connection. It uses infrared. I am hoping to find one that uses infrared to trigger the camera.
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
I have a DIY project to convert your IR remote into a wired remote for the K-X and K-r cameras. BUT, I'm not sure it would react fast enough to capture lighting. Still, the converted IR remote is a worthwhile gizmo. You can check it out here:
Make a wired release for any Pentax IR camera - PentaxForums.com

A very inexpensive lightning trigger can be found here:
Micro Thunder Trigger Lightning Trigger for All DSLR Cameras New Summer 2012 | eBay

06-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #5

I have this remote works perfectly on my KR an k30 it even focuses. Price is only $7.00

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Control-MagicFiber-Microfiber-Cleaning/dp/B00...405148-1481527
06-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but OP wanted an IR based lightning trigger. Not just an IR remote.
06-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I have a DIY project to convert your IR remote into a wired remote for the K-X and K-r cameras. BUT, I'm not sure it would react fast enough to capture lighting. Still, the converted IR remote is a worthwhile gizmo. You can check it out here:
Make a wired release for any Pentax IR camera - PentaxForums.com

A very inexpensive lightning trigger can be found here:
Micro Thunder Trigger Lightning Trigger for All DSLR Cameras New Summer 2012 | eBay
Great Idea. I could use this setup in conjunction with the lightning trigger. That should be fast enough.I'll give it a try and see what happens.Thanks for the idea.

01-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #8

Hi all, I was looking into getting this setup for my K-3 as well, for when the lightning comes later this season into spring and summer. To Adam, the site administrator, what links did you use to buy the nerotrigger (amazon?) where the cables were compatible with pentax cameras? all i see is canon, sony and nikon for the trigger. Any response would be much appreciated, thank you.
01-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackbirdoor Quote
Hi all, I was looking into getting this setup for my K-3 as well, for when the lightning comes later this season into spring and summer. To Adam, the site administrator, what links did you use to buy the nerotrigger (amazon?) where the cables were compatible with pentax cameras? all i see is canon, sony and nikon for the trigger. Any response would be much appreciated, thank you.
In most cases, the Canon cable is compatible with Pentax, assuming you have a wired release port (the K-3 does).

Check out TriggerTrap. The newest version does SO much more than lightning assuming you have the right kind of smartphone.
01-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
In most cases, the Canon cable is compatible with Pentax, assuming you have a wired release port (the K-3 does).

Check out TriggerTrap. The newest version does SO much more than lightning assuming you have the right kind of smartphone.
thank you for your response JimJohnson! I will look into it, hoping winter season ends soon here in Maryland so that the stormy showers will show itself.