Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2014, 05:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Promatic TCL 2450 Flash.

I've tried to search all around the web to get any information about TCL flashes, not much luck.
That flash should arrive tomorrow as a part of takumar lenses purchase with Pentax Spotmatic II camera.
It it possible to use that flash on K200D? And what is TCL flash anyway, what's the difference between this one and TTL?
Thanks.

12-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
It it possible to use that flash on K200D?
It is likely that you'll be able to use it on your K200D as long as it has manual controls and its trigger voltage is not over 30V. Unfortunately, no one appears to have measured the trigger voltage of this model yet, so you'd have to do it yourself.

It will be safe to use the flash on a radio trigger that is immune to high trigger voltage, such as the Cactus triggers you appear to have.
12-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
It is likely that you'll be able to use it on your K200D as long as it has manual controls and its trigger voltage is not over 30V. Unfortunately, no one appears to have measured the trigger voltage of this model yet, so you'd have to do it yourself.

It will be safe to use the flash on a radio trigger that is immune to high trigger voltage, such as the Cactus triggers you appear to have.
I cleaned contacts, inserted batteries, it works. Fired a few times pushing the test button. Did not measure voltage yet. The manual does not say anything about voltage. There is no way I put it on camera anyway, but maybe I can use it wireless.Seems like cactus will work with this one.

I can take pictures of flash and the manual as well in case someone is interested.

P.S. the voltage was about 120. Then my son switched meter to amp, and booom-s! It took a while to start working again.

Last edited by micromacro; 12-27-2014 at 02:11 PM.