Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
suggestion required to choose ext flash for k-r

hi,
I am planning to buy my first external flash. My main purpose is for indoor events and portraits. please suggest me good flash for my KR

Thanks
AJ

07-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
If you want P-TTL, I think, that you cannot go wrong with Metz (but beware the cheapest models). I have AF-44 and AF-52 and both serve me well. Both are trigerrable by bulit-in flash. Af-52 has also HSS. Only one thing is not functional with those Metz - rear curtain synchro (or I don't know how to proper use it...).

Just my 2 cents.
07-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For fully automated flash, the big three are Mertz, Pentax, and Sigma. If you want to play with manual flash, the list is endless. Here is a link to all of the flashes that work in PTTL.

The Definitive Guide - Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison

Tim
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
For fully automated flash, the big three are Mertz, Pentax, and Sigma. If you want to play with manual flash, the list is endless. Here is a link to all of the flashes that work in PTTL.

The Definitive Guide - Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison

Tim
Thank you very much for the link