Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 02:49 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
when I used my Nikon F5 back in the days sometimes I used ring flash for portraits, like fill in flash with HSS and it worked very well but then those flashes did not have LED lights, they had flash bulb...
Great for a high key look, RAART, eliminating nose and chin shadows. But very 2D.

I would have thought them really good for macro, but as I understand it, there are togs who want the flowers back and side lit to bring out shape and texture.

Last edited by clackers; 09-29-2014 at 03:00 AM.
09-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Great for a high key look, RAART, eliminating nose and chin shadows. But very 2D.

I would have thought them great for macro, but as I understand it, there are togs who want the flowers back and side lit to bring out shape and texture.
You nail it... I didn't say for what I used but there is a experience...

They where great for macro as light was everywhere and evenly lit and more than powerful for high key but also got those reflections in eyes if I was too close... Some find them great but personally I am not big fan of it.

EDIT: I Used this mainly with 135mm F2 DC lens and delivered very good results... also on 200mm F4

Last edited by RAART; 09-29-2014 at 03:14 AM.