Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #1

Pixel Mago (650C) on Pentax K3?

Hi guys,

Would like to know if anyone has experience with Pixel flashes before? I'm deciding between this and Yongnuo 560 III but Pixel on paper is a much better choice thank Yongnuo.

Not to mention the pricing is about 10 bucks difference.

09-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Mago is an E-TTL flash, so most of the functions (slave, HSS, TTL) won't work on Pentax at all. So, it's essentially the same as a YN-560III - full manual, etc. The Pixel is well-built and has an LED light, but I'd go for the Yongnuo. It has a wireless trigger built in, and if you ever get a Yongnuo trigger, you can use the flash remotely.
09-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
The Mago is an E-TTL flash, so most of the functions (slave, HSS, TTL) won't work on Pentax at all. So, it's essentially the same as a YN-560III - full manual, etc. The Pixel is well-built and has an LED light, but I'd go for the Yongnuo. It has a wireless trigger built in, and if you ever get a Yongnuo trigger, you can use the flash remotely.
Thanks so much for the reply, I'm ok with it being manual but it has a slightly higher power output which I think may be handy, not to mention there's a LED modelling light which can be of great use for certain situations.

I'm not using a wireless trigger by Yongnuo currently but I will consider this before I make my purchase.

Thanks so much!