Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #1

cactus v6/YN560-11 problem

I have three cactus v6 triggers, and using a YN560-11 flash, and pentax af-360 fgz. The problem is that I cannot consitantly get the YN to fire from the trigger. It will always fire if i hit the manualabutton on the front of the trigger, but no matter what settings i use on either flash or trigger, it will pretty much just fire when it feels like it. No problem with the pentax flash, and it matters not which V6 units i use.
I do not understabd why it fires all the time if triggered manually, but then wont fire from the trigger even though the trigger is properly synched, and works fine with the other flash. Ideas?

10-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dogzilla Quote
I have three cactus v6 triggers, and using a YN560-11 flash, and pentax af-360 fgz. The problem is that I cannot consitantly get the YN to fire from the trigger. It will always fire if i hit the manualabutton on the front of the trigger, but no matter what settings i use on either flash or trigger, it will pretty much just fire when it feels like it. No problem with the pentax flash, and it matters not which V6 units i use.
I do not understabd why it fires all the time if triggered manually, but then wont fire from the trigger even though the trigger is properly synched, and works fine with the other flash. Ideas?
Have you tried a firmware upgrade for the V6?

Make sure to select the "manual" flash profile when using the YN560-II. I remember some issues with certain flash models that were not fast enough to recognise the V6's trigger impulse. A firmware update solved this issue.

P.S.: If you are running an old firmware version, you could try to use the Nikon SB-24 profile. This solved the issue for another user who couldn't fire their YN560-II.

Last edited by Class A; 10-22-2014 at 08:14 AM.
10-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #3

Original Poster
You are a genius! switching to sb 24 profile did the trick; I tell you, this wireless thing is making me
long for pc cables, lol!