Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

Bare Bulb Flash & Triggers

I have recently purchased a K-5iis. I am planning on selling my canon gear. I currently have a Cheetah bare bulb flash (CL-180). Has anyone used this set up with Pentax gear. What triggers do I use if any? I really don't want to sell the CL-180 - I am not sure if it will work with the Pentax system.
Anyone using this type of setup?

Thanks for any info.

10-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

You could use the Godox FT16 trigger.

It allows you to remotely control the power level of your flash, but it is very basic with usability issues. It is OK, if you don't ever plan on using more than one flash, but even for two flashes, I'd consider a different system.
10-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I took a look at the manual for this flash. It appears to be a generic (non-dedicated) flash, so it should work just fine with Pentax gear. As for triggering, any radio trigger that is not designed for a specific camera system should suffice. (Cybersyncs, for example.)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
barebulb flash, bulb, bulb flash, flash, gear, k-5iis, lighting, pentax, photo studio, strobist, triggers, triggers???