Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

no f stop on my flash

I have checked, and it doesn't seem like my ftz 500 has any sort of f stop ability. I'm taking a class where the teacher mentions to put our flashes on a certain f stop based on the camera's f stop, but seeing i can't do that, does anyone have any ideas on what i can do instead? :S

05-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

i dont have an ftz, buton the 540, pressing the mode button will bring it to manual mode.
05-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
On page 16 of the manual

Pentax Imaging - Manuals & Literature

- there's a chart of Guide numbers at the various power settings and zoom head settings. Tape that chart to the flash head. With a little bit of practice you'll learn how to make the adjustments you need pretty quickly. Keeping the flash head set at one focal length would probably help a lot as well, since that's one less variable to muck up the works.
05-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Groundloop Quote
On page 16 of the manual

Pentax Imaging - Manuals & Literature

- there's a chart of Guide numbers at the various power settings and zoom head settings. Tape that chart to the flash head. With a little bit of practice you'll learn how to make the adjustments you need pretty quickly. Keeping the flash head set at one focal length would probably help a lot as well, since that's one less variable to muck up the works.
hehe that's awesome. cause i bought this flash used last semester just for class, and the guy didn't have a manual. so this is great thanks