Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Diffuser for af540fgz

After a diffuser for my af 540 fgz. Already have a sto-fen for it. But after something more like the gary fong whale tail for more portrait and wedding work. The sto-fen is great for on the go work as it is smaller. The gary fong at around 100 bucks a bit pricey for plastic. Are the chnia alternativies any good?

05-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
Forum Member

Gary Fong diffusers are good for short distance shots. I used the WhaleTail diffuser on my AF540FGZ and I found the flaps useless. I would go with the Lightsphere Cloud instead. You can get the "fake" version at eBay, search for Lambency Flash Diffuser.
05-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I use sto-fen as well as Joe Demb pro diffuser. It's basically a bounce card and diffuser combo. It is very easy to use and more adjustable on the fly than I feel a fong sphere would be (although I've never owned one). Couple of things I like about it, universal connection - fits any flash, adjustability - card is easily moved to adjust how much light you throw forward and how much gets thrown up for a bounce. Check 'em out. I found it to be very good investment. Also Joe is great to work with on the customer service front...

Demb Flash Products - Demb Flash Diffuser Models
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if those Lambency Flash Diffuser is one size fit all... I have no idea which one will fit on the 540FGZ, how is the 540FGZ size compare to other brand flash?