Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JustinThomason Quote
Thanks to all for your advice. I actually pulled the trigger on the Metz 52 earlier today. Adorama dropped the price to $229 with a $60 mail in rebate. It was too good to pass up.

I should have it before Thanksgiving for family photos.
I've been thinking about a flash for my K-50 and, with the rebate, the Metz 52 looked like the perfect choice. Now that they're in "insolvency" (I'm not totally sure what that is but it doesn't sound good) I'm not so sure. I wonder if the rebates will be affected?

11-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
I've been thinking about a flash for my K-50 and, with the rebate, the Metz 52 looked like the perfect choice. Now that they're in "insolvency" (I'm not totally sure what that is but it doesn't sound good) I'm not so sure. I wonder if the rebates will be affected?
They're trying to do a financial restructuring, and are looking for investors.
Some believe that the TV division will be the more affected, because it's the one that has been losing more money.
With flashes you should be relatively safe.
You never know, but hey that's life for you...
11-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #18

Original Poster
Yeah, I saw that announcement the day after I had ordered the flash;it might have given me pause for thought. As it is, the flash arrived yesterday. I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but I am impressed with the build quality. Hopefully the company will be able to restructure successfully. It does sound like a case of being overextended, so maybe if they shead some of their less profitable businesses they will pull out of it.
11-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JustinThomason Quote
Yeah, I saw that announcement the day after I had ordered the flash;it might have given me pause for thought. As it is, the flash arrived yesterday. I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but I am impressed with the build quality. Hopefully the company will be able to restructure successfully. It does sound like a case of being overextended, so maybe if they shead some of their less profitable businesses they will pull out of it.
I hope so too. It really looks like the best choice for a, relatively, inexpensive flash.