Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is this system a good value and what could I do with it, please?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am looking at budget friendly ideas for lighting for a simple home studio and I saw this. It is for sale locally and I might be able to walk into the store where it is for sale and get it at a better price.

Cowboy Lighting Kit

Any opinions on this? I can wait for a while for a good deal, so no big rush.

Thanks.

12-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It might work ok for taking pictures of things to sell on eBay. I wouldn't think much more than that, but I may be wrong.
12-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Remember that it's a continuous lighting kit... power will be much, much lower than flash.
12-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might be ok for simple ebay product shots. It also notes one of sockets is missing.
Not worth it in my opinion.

Flash is still the most cost effective system.

12-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This has 3 light bulb sockets for lighting. You can see how much light you will get at home before going shopping by turning on 3 light bulbs.

That said, Cowboy Studio has lots of kits variations that are sometimes worth the price for low quality but usable stuff like umbrellas and light stands, even if you add the actual lighting elsewhere.

Neewer makes decent low end/entry level equipment, too.