Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Ohh, nice! What bracket is that? I'm always looking at options. Heffalumps, ha ha! Replaced with woozles?

winnie the pooh heffalumps and woozles song - YouTube
If woozles are smaller I want them!

Is a generic bracket that I got it from ebay. 2 pieces for $10 or so...

02-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #47

Count me as excited. My used AF360 has been very temperamental and not consistently communicating with my K-50, and I was tired of holding an umbrella during the start of the rainy season in Costa Rica last year when I was out shooting macro. This little flash would make for an excellent macro setup, so I'm gonna pre-order.
02-11-2015, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would be interested to have this flash on my Q....
04-20-2015, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I will never understand that mantra... the built in flash is the most underused feature of a camera... missing on a FF body is such an annoying thing...
Rumors are circulating on the lack of pop up flash on the K3ii as well as FF, it might justify the reason behind it ( probably bundled with the bodies) Arguing on the merits of the pop up flash is beside the point, were are going to adapt to the change eventually. I even heard of ppl saying that the lack of pop up is a deal breaker. I'm not personally on that camp, I'd rather have wifi, gps and larger pentaprism with more coverage, the sacrifice seems justifiable in my eyes.

Last edited by Stavri; 04-20-2015 at 04:25 AM.
04-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Anyone have any idea when this new flash will be released? Is it available anywhere in the world yet? (Not yet available in the USA I believe) I am really looking forward to reviews and experiences with this flash...
04-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Anyone have any idea when this new flash will be released? Is it available anywhere in the world yet? (Not yet available in the USA I believe) I am really looking forward to reviews and experiences with this flash...
it appears it is available now at Adorama...

Michael
04-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
it appears it is available now at Adorama... Michael
Thanks, Michael. I think Adorama (and B&H) only have the flash as a pre-order with no indication of a shipment date.

04-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Perhaps slightly OT, but does anyone know if there exist non-Pentax manual flashes that are also weather-sealed? Or are the Pentax flashes - 360 II, 560 II and this new small one - the only WR ball game in town?
04-20-2015, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Perhaps slightly OT, but does anyone know if there exist non-Pentax manual flashes that are also weather-sealed? Or are the Pentax flashes - 360 II, 560 II and this new small one - the only WR ball game in town?
Pretty sure they are.
04-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Look around you for a second... everything you have seen in that second can be bound by the "agree to disagree".
Obviously in the end everything is based on personal preference - what works for you doesn't mean it has to work for me and vice versa.

For me, as someone that likes and practice some "strobism", that built-in flash is extremely useful when traveling light and you want a 2 point light setup on the go. Use the built in flash as a filler and the extra flash as your main light triggered by the built in flash. Now that thing is missing... so you need to carry 2 bigger flashes (and possible a trigger) just to get the same results. I see that as a devolution rather than a bonus.

Such a small thing that takes so little space and its literally built in the camera... missing on a "pro" camera that its supposed to give you as many options as possible . For someone that doesn't use it, it won't be missed even if is on the body (since you are NOT using it). For someone that is using it constantly it will be a huge miss.
I'd be OK with the loss of the on-board flash if this little flash would act as a wireless controller.
04-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I'd be OK with the loss of the on-board flash if this little flash would act as a wireless controller.
Agreed about that (see other thread).
That on a controller-only (at minimum).
04-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just might buy one for those times when I don't want to carry my 540 - plus I'd use it with my K-01 and Q/Q7 (everything casts a shadow with a Q if you forget to raise the pop-up OBF). At this time I have no need for off-camera flash control.
04-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #58
Veteran Member

BTW, here is one of those horrible on board flash photos I took while out for a walk last week.

04-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For the love of God, let it go.
04-28-2015, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
For the love of God, let it go.
How about, that is a nice shot?