Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
I'll go with Metz 52..but how about this? Siocore Funk P TTL Systemblitz Blitz Gerät Mit LZ50 HSS FÜR Pentax Samsung | eBay
Compared to the Metz:
Possibly no SB mode (can't find it in the spec on the page).
Long charge times (max 9 seconds versus max 5 seconds).

The word 'funk' implies radio communication between flashes; that would actually be brilliant. But I wonder if it's actually the case.

No idea about the quality.

03-20-2015, 04:09 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Compared to the Metz:
Possibly no SB mode (can't find it in the spec on the page).
Long charge times (max 9 seconds versus max 5 seconds).

The word 'funk' implies radio communication between flashes; that would actually be brilliant. But I wonder if it's actually the case.

No idea about the quality.
Thanks..I Think the Metz is the safe option
03-20-2015, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I'm going to take back some of the negative things I said about the Sigma. I used it quite a bit this week for photographing a foster dog. It's TTL capabilities are quite good, I was consistently getting nicely exposed shots in a dimly lit room. The manual settings might not be great, but it sure is solid for bounce photography!

03-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree. My Sigma does pretty well to although I use the Metz most of the time now because it seems sturdier.
I broke my Sigma when shooting a snow bike race from skis and got it repaired so it's now the backup to the Metz.

If you don't fall on it, the build quality should be enough.

03-21-2015, 01:51 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Thanks for replies
05-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Going back to this thread reminds me that I need to explore more using flash. I'm ok with Bolt 510, TTL is convenient, but I prefer manual for more control. Maybe, it's just lack of experience. I use flash mostly for bouncing to get "blended" light result.

The only complain is about ergonomics. Buttons are a bit small, and screen light is not really bright, which makes it almost guessing about settings with my poor vision in dark rooms. Also I could not find dedicated to that model bounce diffuser, so I ordered silicon universal size M, which should fit Bolt. It did not arrive yet.

I've tried to shop for softbox diffusers, but for the reasonable price they look so poorly made. Perhaps, I will experiment with DIY.
Anyway, entering into flash shooting is kind of different level, I should have done that sooner. I also started using in camera flash when needed.

Last edited by micromacro; 05-12-2015 at 12:44 PM.
05-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #67
Veteran Member

I have ...say the same...I was afraid of them for so long...but they really make the difference in portraits!

05-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
I have ...say the same...I was afraid of them for so long...but they really make the difference in portraits!
Yes, it does! Which brings me to another level- control the light, "paint" with light. I'm not even near that yet. More flashes and lights needed.
First I'd like to invest in some studio master classes. It also will help with LBA
05-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Yes, it does! Which brings me to another level- control the light, "paint" with light. I'm not even near that yet. More flashes and lights needed.
First I'd like to invest in some studio master classes. It also will help with LBA
Haha ... FBA !

And...can I change the channel on K30 for wireless flash ?

Hmmm

. The K-30 can connect on any of the four control channels: You program it by setting a flash unit to the desired channel, attaching that flash to the camera and then half-pressing the shutter button. This sets the camera to the channel the flash was set up for. After this, the flash may be removed and used as a remote unit, controlled by the camera.

Last edited by AldaCZ; 05-12-2015 at 01:07 PM.
05-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the sigma 610 DG Super. Its advantage is that it can act as a controller for wireless P-TTL. However I have also found it to be inconsistent in performing and its menus confusing. The WA diffuser also launched from the head by the power of its spring and had to be reinserted, never to work again. It also will not work with the Cactus V6. The longer I have owned it the less I recommend it. Currently, it's only use to me is in wireless mode, and that mode has to be set using the clumsy menu.
05-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
The only complain is about ergonomics. Buttons are a bit small, and screen light is not really bright, which makes it almost guessing about settings with my poor vision in dark rooms. Also I could not find dedicated to that model bounce diffuser, so I ordered silicon universal size M, which should fit Bolt. It did not arrive yet.
Not sure if its what you want/mean, but the Bolt has one built in. If you use your fingernail to pick along the top of the flash, it has a diffuser hidden away up inside that you can pull out and drop across the face.
05-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Not sure if its what you want/mean, but the Bolt has one built in. If you use your fingernail to pick along the top of the flash, it has a diffuser hidden away up inside that you can pull out and drop across the face.

Bounce cap diffuser. I bought this one, size M. It works well for close ups with flash.