Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2015, 03:38 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LED flashlights are often very bright, but don't heat up. I like these flashlights from Joby, because they have their own stands.

JOBY GorillaTorch - Hands-free flashlight with flexible, bendable and magnetic feet- CREE flashlight

04-09-2015, 05:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
Well i bought some CR123A's for my TK35. I did a test shot through a small softbox (handheld). At F2.8, the camera metered 1/60, ISO 200. Not bad I'd say.[COLOR="Silver"]
I don't care for the tint or the color of CW LEDs. You can correct this somewhat if you shoot raw and spend time working with the colors. CW LEDs are usually around 6500K and 60 CRI. My flashlights I use for photography use Nichia 219 5000K and 92+ CRI. I used to use CREE XM-L but the only HCRI lights are too warm, around 4000K but work great to fill for sunsets.

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
LED flashlights are often very bright, but don't heat up. I like these flashlights from Joby, because they have their own stands.
OP is using a TK35, which is a powerful LED flashlight that will indeed get hot if run on high continuous out of hand. Both the LED emitter, and the battery produce heat. Really great flashlight forum, CPF.

CandlePowerForums
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
Really great flashlight forum, CPF.
CandlePowerForums
Thats a great forum. Never knew such places exist. I thought we photography guys have LBA and expensive hobbies. Some guys out there are really over the top - I mean how much mileage do you get with a flashlight after all. I will be exploring it further. The worst part is my TK35 isn't living up to its standard after I accidentally dropped it. So I am kind of vacillating between a flashlight (I already have a Fenix and Nitecore) or a Lumopro LP 180 to pair with my PocketWizards. Thanks to all of you for the great input.