Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

A cry for help...

... for a kindhearted fellow Torontonian...

Here's the story,
I'm having a huge opportunity to improve my portfolio by 500%, shooting half a dozen models for a big dance company, this Saturday.
Some of you might know that, being a stay-at-home dad, I'm very restricted in terms of budget, and I've been acquiring my gear (very) slowly throughout the last couple of years. Recently I bought a couple of stands, a Yongnuo and a trigger set (all used). I've also ordered a flash bender - not the original - and an umbrella box, which have not arrived yet and I don't believe will, on time for the shoot...
So, my plead is, if anyone is feeling generous and want to give someone's career a big boost, and have an umbrella (a backdrop would be the cherry on top, but maybe that's asking too much ) that I can borrow for Saturday evening, please PM or email me.

A big thank you in advance.

Paul

03-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good luck man. If I had said items and lived close enough they'd be yours. I hope someone comes forward for you.
03-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe try to post something in the Toronto Pentaxians social club as well? Good luck & I hope you find someone.
03-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you!
Really hope so...

03-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Virtual high five to the stay at home dads!
I'm one too.
03-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm a stay at home dad as well. I'm only an hour from you. Henry's is having a sell off of all its Aurora stuff. I'm not sure if its online only though. I've actually had a bunch sitting in the shopping cart all week gritting my teeth. I am attempting to sell off my own stuff to be able to afford camera gear. I have a neutral grey cloth 9x6' i think. I don't have a stand though. I was just going to tac it to the wall. I haven't used it yet. I also have a very small softbox, a 5in1 reflector/diffuser, and a gary fong flash diffuser (not the lightsphere) on my Yongnuo 560. Can you make use of any of this? I can't drive (can't see...) so it'd be about 100km both ways. Oh there is also a couple of radio poppers and you can use my tripod if you want. Not sure if this helps.
03-26-2015, 05:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Virtual high five to the stay at home dads!
I'm one too.
And don't we do a great job?

---------- Post added 03-26-15 at 06:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
I'm a stay at home dad as well. I'm only an hour from you. Henry's is having a sell off of all its Aurora stuff. I'm not sure if its online only though. I've actually had a bunch sitting in the shopping cart all week gritting my teeth. I am attempting to sell off my own stuff to be able to afford camera gear. I have a neutral grey cloth 9x6' i think. I don't have a stand though. I was just going to tac it to the wall. I haven't used it yet. I also have a very small softbox, a 5in1 reflector/diffuser, and a gary fong flash diffuser (not the lightsphere) on my Yongnuo 560. Can you make use of any of this? I can't drive (can't see...) so it'd be about 100km both ways. Oh there is also a couple of radio poppers and you can use my tripod if you want. Not sure if this helps.
Thank you.
PM sent...

03-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, nobody has a spare umbrella that I can borrow for a couple of hours?...
03-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If I could push mine into my wifi router from Australia, I would, Flugelbinder ... hope something appears in the meantime. Any local photography groups that might be able to help out?
03-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
If I could push mine into my wifi router from Australia, I would, Flugelbinder ... hope something appears in the meantime. Any local photography groups that might be able to help out?

Thank you.
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Anyone try shooting through the diffuser of a 5 in 1 reflector set? Its at least 3 feet in diameter. I guess you'd need someone to hold it. My thought is adjust your flash zoom to aim to fill the panel only and then move the panel closer or farther based on size / softness of light desired. I know we've PM'ed, but I thought it could be an interesting option.
03-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you wissink.
I may have gotten an umbrella, hopefully. I could really use the extra flash and backdrop you were so kind to make available, although I might not be able to get a ride, at least not in time...
03-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

If I could drive, I'd definitely bring it down. Sorry I can't ask my wife to do it.
03-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
If I could drive, I'd definitely bring it down. Sorry I can't ask my wife to do it.
No worries.
And thank you again.