Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Pentaxian

EV and flash on vs wireless

Although I usually use my K-500 in M mode when working with flash (360FGZ), I just played with it in Av mode to see how it goes and if it makes thing easier or not. If I put the flash on the hot shoe, setting EV compensation in the camera for ambient light will also be applied to the flash. Which, I understand, is the way it's supposed to work.

Now, if I rather use the flash as a slave in wireless mode, using the built-in flash as a controller, setting EV compensation in the camera only affects ambient light, as if the EV compensation data isn't passed on the flash in wireless mode. Which for me is great but a bit strange.

So, is it normal that EV compensation doesn't work with the flash the same way depending on the flash being on the camera or in wireless mode ?

04-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I am not really sure, but if you trigger a flash wirelessly using the build-in one, isn't it in fully manual mode? I was under impression that nothing can be transmitted (except the command to trigger)..But I might be wrong, in which case I would like to know the answer..