Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the tip. One advantage to the version 1 vs the 540vII is that the original supports external power sources like this.
No such port on the V2

04-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I shoot it at my garage wall from various distances in the driveway to align the angle and see the coverage pattern with different zoom settings.

It is important to find the angle that will give sufficient coverage from multiple angles, and will depend on how you are mounting whether it is on the camera or in some other spot such as a gimbal extension to account for parallax.
That would be an interesting exercise. So far, I have not had much problem with parallax.

It is good to hear about the FX6 for the original 540, because that is the one I have. I actually have the Better Beamer FX3, and I use it on the Metz 64 AF1,because it is the most powerful speedlight I own.

I suspect that a few extra pieces of Velcro might help a lot on the 540, since its surface seems a bit slicker than most other similarly powered flashes. I have had issues with other modifiers falling off.