Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slave flash

I am having trouble with my flash.
I'm using a yongnuo trigger which will not trigger my Pentax flash af 360 fgz. It will trigger the yongnu but then I can't get the Pentax to fire as a slave?
I am needing two off camera flashes.
I have used all this before but can't find why I'm having problems. All batteries are fine, but just can't get the above sorted out. The yongnuo flash triggers off a tiny little cheapo flash which I use for backlighting hair but just will not set off the Pentax. HELP!
Plus I am using the k3 model.

Last edited by trishytee; 06-22-2015 at 06:34 PM.
06-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just some guess work (multiple flashes and off-camera flash is not my area of expertise).

Assuming you're talking about radio triggers, you need a transmitter and receiver to get the 360 to work off-camera; the Youngnuo might have a built-in receiver.
To trigger the 360 from another flash, did you select the correct slave mode on the 360?

If this is all OK, maybe describe your problem a little in more detail; I can't place 'optical triggering' in a question that I assume is about radio trigger.
06-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

When testing, make sure that you do not exceed 1/180s as your shutter speed, otherwise your K-3 will stop sending a trigger signal.

If you can fire your small flash with a trigger and then replace the flash with your AF 360 FGZ and the latter won't fire, I can only image one of two things:
  1. The AF 360 FGZ is in an incorrect mode. Try to switch it to manual mode. Make sure that it isn't configured to expect a "wireless" (i.e., optical) signal. In other words, do not configure it to be a wireless slave, but configure it as if you were using it on an old film camera (no P-TTL).
  2. The AF 360 FGZ is defective. This can easily be ruled out by testing the AF 360 FGZ on your camera.