Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Triopo 660II - loose parts

I bough two Triopo 660II flashes some time ago. They work nicely and all, but I'm having a problem with the battery doors, which are very eager to open. I barely have to touch them before they will slide open and almost open completely.

It has happened few times during weddings and ones, the door opened completely, but fortunately I didn't drop the batteries and avoided unnecessary attention.

An tips on how I could secure/tighten these battery doors?

There is a rubber thingy covering the charger socket at the front - It comes off all the time and as I don't use it nor do I even have any charger that fits, I've glued this part.

06-26-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Simple solution is just tape. Gaffer's tape or painter's tape that won't leave a residue.
06-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gaffers tape. Not the cheapest but it is the best. A roll will last a very long time and is useful a lot of things. Use it where you might think of using duct tape but want it removable and no residue.
06-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't like the idea of using tape - it can take too long to get it on and off.

But it gave me the idea to use some elastic head bands. I did that yesterday and it actually worked quiet fine. The shape of the flashes make sure the bands do not come off. If the shape had been more like my Yongnuo flashes, then I don't think it would have worked.

06-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't like the idea of using tape - it can take too long to get it on and off.
A little flap of gaffer's tape on the door would come off and back on in a second (just put a little 1 inch piece on the bit where it opens, and peel it back when you open the door). How often do you need to open the door? Not very. You're over complicating.
06-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm already use tape to tighten the Sigma 17-50 hood, on the side of the lens to protect me front rubbing my ring finger joint against a harsh part, which is painful after several hours of shooting and then I use tape for flash gels.

So, I'd prefer not to keep going with the tape thing and make it look my my gears is falling apart.

I tried the band thing at a 12h wedding coverage yesterday - worked perfectly fine and much simpler than using tape. It's really not much about how many times I have to do a certain thing, but many times, how quickly I can do it is more important.
06-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

You might be interested in Sugru -- great for little mods.

https://sugru.com/

06-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll have a look.
06-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Or this interesting device (haven't tried this one yet):

https://www.thegrommet.com/bondic-liquid-plastic-welder-starter-kit