Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by comprock Quote
Auto detection for Pentax Metz flashes probably doesn't work, but the profile for the Metz 52 AF-1 should be there and is set it manually.
I'm afraid while the Metz 52 AF-1 is supported for Canon/Nikon, there is no dedicated profile for the Pentax-dedicated version (yet?).

So it appears that if the model cooperates at all, it will have to do so with a generic "Pentax" profile.

Note that another user currently has trouble with a Metz 52 AF-1 on a V6II and a K-1. You may want to observe how this case unfolds before you expect the Metz 52 AF-1 to fully work with the V6II. That user so far has only tried other Metz for Pentax profiles, so all could still be well and as a matter of fact should be according to the Cactus employee.

07-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@mcgregni You're possibly right. I think what'll happen is that I need to get the V6II in hand and test with the Metz's. Hopefully, B&H will have them before I leave New York next Sunday. Ciao from the UN.