Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Flash stand as carry-on?

I have a small folding flash stand that fits into my carry-on suitcase. Has anyone ever had a problem bringing a small metal flash stand through airport security in the US?

07-14-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never had a problem with a tripod. Can't imagine a flash stand would be any different. They might make you open the suitcase up. I'd keep it in a pocket til you're through security, then toss it in the bag. Less chance of hassle that way. You can just throw it into the bin with your wallet and shoes and stuff.
07-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
Brooke Meyer

I've put a Manfrotto 055PROXB with Ball Head in my carry-on roller bag, multiples times with no issue. Just had to take the mast out and make it two pieces to get it to fit. Also had a LowePro 350 backpack stuffed with a camera gear and a laptop. All US travel, mostly back and forth between Raleigh and Seattle and Raleigh and Honolulu.

07-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Happy to report no problems with the flash stand!