Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have the fisheye, was surprised at how sharp it is.

---------- Post added 12-05-15 at 10:28 AM ----------

Am trying a new setup now, if I like how it turns out I will post it for critique

12-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I ordered this set of the color filters for my speedlight, and they arrived last night. They were only $9.99 on Amazon, and you can click on the picture for the product link.

I've started playing around with them this morning, and here's the first photos I took. I'm preceding them by a photo with a black background for comparison.

What do you think? Better with the color on the background?

The first colored photo was taken with a small softbox on the flash head. The second one was taken without the softbox. The flash angle was set to 105mm for both photos.

Here's what the setup looked like:

EDIT: Here's a couple more examples. This is fun!

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 12-08-2015 at 12:49 PM.
01-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #33
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So much great advice in this thread. Thanks all.

Does anyone use a CPL (polarizer) when photographing items that might have sharp reflections? Does it change the way you need to set up the lighting?