Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #136
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
Warning - it is one of those videos with no narration, just music and text.
Oh my gosh, he got the music credits wrong. :O

04-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The app looks very handy.
I really like the potential of this system. The app shown has a pretty bad interface here and there, though. I also hate how the trigger draws attention to itself with LEDs blinking and changing colour all the time.

Thanks for sharing the video, though. I hope this approach of using a phone app for alternative control will be picked up by more companies.
04-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #138

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I hope this approach of using a phone app for alternative control will be picked up by more companies.
I kind of agree with you, but I would also hope that these things shouldn't end up being so complicated that they require phone apps!
04-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulster Quote
I would also hope that these things shouldn't end up being so complicated that they require phone apps!
Agreed. A 3 line LCD display on the master trigger unit with well located control buttons PLUS a Bluetooth or WiFi app like the RoboShoot app to optionally control all the settings and make fancy flash control features more accessible would be optimal.

Hopefully that is exactly what Acon is planning to implement in their device in future.

04-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Agreed. A 3 line LCD display on the master trigger unit with well located control buttons PLUS a Bluetooth or WiFi app like the RoboShoot app to optionally control all the settings and make fancy flash control features more accessible would be optimal.

Hopefully that is exactly what Acon is planning to implement in their device in future.
Agree with this. The phone app is nice, but an LCD on the unit should support all of the basic functionality that is needed. I don't want to have to use my phone to control things.
06-06-2017, 04:06 AM   #141
Veteran Member

Original Poster
FYI, I just noticed that Acon are now selling R930 receivers individually for US $60 in their store. Previously your only Acon option was to buy a transmitter/receiver pair (for $120).

R930 receiver (1 unit)

I can't say that multi-flash radio P-TTL and/or HSS will work - with for example one R930 transmitter and a few R930 receivers, since I only have one R930 TX/RX pair to play with - but it might.

Also new in the Acon store since I last visited is the interesting R930II transmitter / HSS converter trigger pair (US $120). This is basically a R930 trigger that has been modded to mount below your existing Nikon radio triggers and let them think they are mounted on a Nikon camera, even when you are shooting with a Pentax body.

The R930II can also function as a normal R930 compatible Pentax PTTL HSS 2.4 Ghz flash trigger/receiver.
07-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #142
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
After reading this thread, I pulled the trigger on R930 for pentax 360ghzII with K-1. I need one flash off the camera on location, hope it will work.

07-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #143
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
inny wariant wyzwalacza radiowego Acon istnieje dla serii Fujifilm X.
Okay, but what does it have to do with Pentax flash? I like Fujifilm but I do not use it. I am using Pentax.
07-31-2017, 02:30 AM   #144
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrzej Makuch Quote
Okay, but what does it have to do with Pentax flash? I like Fujifilm but I do not use it. I am using Pentax.
An Acon R930 variant/clone is available for the Fuji system is all that post refers to, I believe. So it certainly appears that the Acon radio flash trigger could work with Pentax/Nikon/Fuji flash, with some slight (?) modification.

FWIW, unlike the firmware work Acon has done to make their R930 trigger both Nikon iTTL and Pentax PTTL compatible, no firmware work by Acon to make their trigger Fuji flash system compatible can be seen on their web site.
08-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #145
Pentaxian

I'm still waiting for my R930. They took the money almost one month ago, did not send any confirmation. I sent them email after the purchase as instructed on their site. And nothing since.

How long does it take to receive the package? Definitely not 14 days.
08-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #146
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I'm still waiting for my R930. They took the money almost one month ago, did not send any confirmation. I sent them email after the purchase as instructed on their site. And nothing since.

How long does it take to receive the package? Definitely not 14 days.
Mine took a couple of months to come from China, IIRC, MicroMacro.
08-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #147
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How long does it take to receive the package?
Looking back over my order last year, item ordered on the 25th, sent on the 6th, received about two weeks later. The PayPal emails also included a HongKong Post tracking number.
08-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Check un the Acon Page, with the login number in the orders, i remember seeing the tracking number in those pages... But my order took a couple of months.

08-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #149
Pentaxian

There is no email of order confirmation, nothing except transaction info on PP. Nothing. I can't login with number of order, and I did not create my account with Acon, I just used PP to pay. They took money from my account, that's all.
I wrote them today, will see what happens. Seems like they did not ship package yet. Wow...
08-16-2017, 10:33 PM   #150
Veteran Member

There is no email of order confirmation, nothing except transaction info on PP. Nothing. I can't login with number of order, and I did not create my account with Acon, I just used PP to pay. They took money from my account, that's all.
I wrote them today, will see what happens. Seems like they did not ship package yet. Wow...
Maybe you can look in the PayPal account page, in the messages from the vendor, i cant remember where, but i recieve a tracking number somehow, they send vía Hong Kong post, and its delayed in China Customs, i believe it was a few weeks with them and then when it was dispatched took few weeks to arrive at my country customs (México); from there it was some weeks more trough mexican customs, clearance and delivery. But they arrive.