Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2017, 05:00 AM   #151
Pentaxian

In the Acon manual I could not find a declaration of conformity for the US, Europe, ...
There is a reason why you can only buy from China.

One image on the homepage actually shows the CE logo on a box, but no FCC logo.

Last edited by zapp; 09-16-2017 at 05:07 AM.
06-14-2018, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #152
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like Acon are back, on a new domain:

acon-tech - wonderful photography

No apparent product or firmware updates. Still no flash of their own yet, just the triggers:

R930 pair: USD $120
Store - acon-tech

Single receiver: USD $60
Store - acon-tech

R930II transmitter / HSS converter pair: USD $120
Store - acon-tech
06-18-2018, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am glad they are still operating. I bought a pair and it's great for a single off-camera P-TTL flash.

Acon updated the firmware for multiple lights (good on them for this) but the original physical design means that it seems cumbersome to try and use with multiple flashes. I guess one good thing about the physical design is its small form factor though.
08-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #154

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Looks like Acon are back, on a new domain:

acon-tech - wonderful photography

No apparent product or firmware updates. Still no flash of their own yet, just the triggers:

R930 pair: USD $120
Store - acon-tech

Single receiver: USD $60
Store - acon-tech

R930II transmitter / HSS converter pair: USD $120
Store - acon-tech
On July 4 I sent an email to the address indicated on this website, commenting on a technical question about the R930 trigger. I still wait for the answer! Is not it safe for this web to be working ... Has anyone made a purchase in recent months?

---------- Post added 08-16-18 at 07:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
I am glad they are still operating. I bought a pair and it's great for a single off-camera P-TTL flash.

Acon updated the firmware for multiple lights (good on them for this) but the original physical design means that it seems cumbersome to try and use with multiple flashes. I guess one good thing about the physical design is its small form factor though.
Long ago did you buy them? Because it seems that they activated the web but it does not receive any kind of maintenance, updates ...

08-16-2018, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #155
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepo Quote
On July 4 I sent an email to the address indicated on this website, commenting on a technical question about the R930 trigger. I still wait for the answer! Is not it safe for this web to be working ... Has anyone made a purchase in recent months?
I tried to get a 2nd R930 set off them recently. They took the payment but never delivered the trigger, and never replied to any of my emails either. Then they simply cancelled my order without refunding the payment made. I was forced to open a dispute with PayPal about it, resolution of which is still pending.

So now I cannot recommend Acon to anyone. They used to sell and ship normally, but now it's not clear what is going on with them as a business. Pity.
08-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #156

I tried to get a 2nd R930 set off them recently. They took the payment but never delivered the trigger, and never replied to any of my emails either. Then they simply cancelled my order without refunding the payment made. I was forced to open a dispute with PayPal about it, resolution of which is still pending.

So now I cannot recommend Acon to anyone. They used to sell and ship normally, but now it's not clear what is going on with them as a business. Pity.
Well it's a pity ... it was a very interesting product for Pentax.
08-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #157
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
nie mogę polecić Acon nikomu. Sprzedawali i normalnie sprzedawali towary, ale teraz nie jest jasne, co się z nimi dzieje jako firma. Szkoda.
I regret too!
It is a pity that they did not follow Cactus which has devices in Europe, including Poland, and you can buy them in the store.

09-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #158

hmm i think i already wrote it elsewhere

but the SHANNY SN600 FGZ
work in HSS and P-TTL for the pentax 645Z
has a acceptable light strength of 60
it lacks a bit in the spread but its still ok

the Yongnuo YN585EX does not have the spread problem but it only works for P-TTL and not HSS i wrote to yongnuo because they provide firmware upgrades but they did not responde if they add a HSS as firmware
02-11-2019, 02:04 AM   #159
Veteran Member

I just bought set of R930 triggers from a guy and they were working on his k30. I have no idea if they have been updated and have no idea as the acon website is down for me.

Has anyone got the latest R930 firmware update saved on their computer?
"www.acon-photo.com" has not been loading for me for at least a week.

I can't even find the info on how to update the R930 units.
Thank you in advance.
02-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #160
Forum Member

Here are the steps
1. Place transmitter on camera
2. Place PTTL flash on receiver
3. Turn on transmitter
4. Turn on receiver
5. Turn on flash.
6. Turn on camera.

Steps 1 and 2 are kind of a given so you really only have 4 steps.
02-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #161
Forum Member

Essentially connect everything and turn on the camera and flash as the last steps. The sequencing is important.
02-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #162
Veteran Member

That describes something very different to updating my R930 sender/receiver units.
I have downloaded the manual.
I don't have an update to install.
02-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #163
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VILLAINofOZ Quote
That describes something very different to updating my R930 sender/receiver units.
I love mine, but it was bought at a time when the company (my theory was it was a 'single guy in his garage' thing) was still going. Looks impossible for you to get support now, so it's buy at own risk. Some people psychologically aren't up to that, others are 'meh' about it.

Rawr's firmware instructions are at: Acon-Photo wireless TTL system - PentaxForums.com
02-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #164
Veteran Member

This is instructions on how to use the triggers not update the firmware.

Regards.
11-04-2019, 11:19 PM   #165

acon brings its website alive acon-tech - wonderful photography, that is.