Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know ...I wouldn't have either of mine it they had been anywhere near full retail price. I feel very lucky that have grabbed them at the right times.

09-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
You're right, we need to explore the creative possibilities! The WR aspect is widely hailed as a good step forward, making sense paired with a WR body .... It would be interesting though to hear of real life practical situations where it has actually been utilised .....

It was a very wet day, this small bird is very common in the southern US but rarely seen in Canada. I bought the AF-540GFZII because of it's weather resistance.

This is a shot of a Yongnuo in the rain. It made me very nervous, and indeed that particular unit failed possibly due to the conditions it saw.

I've started carrying my flash in the morning now due to the low light, as well as wet days where it is quite dark. I rarely shoot in the rain, but going through wet brush gets everything wet.

This is another one on a very wet day. Freezing action with a short flash duration in very dark conditions. I could barely see this little guy.

Last edited by derekkite; 09-09-2015 at 08:35 PM.